Friday, March 13, 2009

Remodel

So my family is remodeling our house. We are putting in big tiles through our entry way, kitchen, and dining room. Then down the hall and in the living room we are putting in wood floors. And in the kitchen new counters, and back splash will be put in. All the walls are getting new paint and the brick under the wood burning stove is being pulled out.
This whole transformation is a big change for my family. We have never had the chance to do anything besides paint our house. My uncle is doing all of the construction and my dad and brother are helping him when he needs it.
The house is a mess right now. Everything from the kitchen and dining room are in the living room. That means the frig, stove, dish washer and dining room table. And the old carpet and tile is gone. The air is full of dust and the furniture had dist all over it. We cannot walk around the house without shoes because of nails and splinters. Our three cats are so angry, because of all the dust, noise, and they always get mad when we move the furniture around. They are staying out side all the time now. Our three dogs are fine with what is going on because they have a big space to run on the empty floor.
I cannot wait to see how the house will look when it is finished. My uncle said the house should be finished in two weeks. We will have to wait and see if that is true.
I am so excited!

1 comment:

  1. If you have a digital camera, you should take pictures of the finished remodel and post them on your blog. I'd love to see it. I bought a house last September, and while it is structurally sound, it had a lot of original paint and style from the 1970's. So, little by little, we are trying to update things. I bet your house will look great when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete